Cold noodle dishes are commonly found in Korea during hot summer. There are many kinds and this is one of popular dishes you can enjoy. Similar idea to the popular Korean rice bowl, Bibimbap but instead of rice it is served with noodles.
Hope this could refresh you on a hot summer day.
|Serving: 1-2||Prep time: 30 minutes|
1/2 cup Chopped tomato (1 medium size tomato) or apple/pear
1 Tbsp Soy sauce or tamari
1 tsp Cane sugar or your choice of sweetener (agave syrup, maple syrup, sugar alternative)
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp Toasted sesame oil
1 tsp Gochugaru (Korean red pepper powder)
- Blend it all together in a blender or with a stick blender
- Prepare approximately 2 cups of your choices of fresh vegetables. Tomatoes, cucumbers, Kimchi, pickled radish, carrot, salad greens etc.
- prepare your choice of noodles. 80-100g of dry somen or ramen noodle are recommended but capellini pasta would work too.
- You can add your choice of proteins too. Hard boiled egg, tofu, mushrooms, shrimps, and squid.
* This recipe is pretty forgiving so you can use whatever veggies you have.
* You can use the sauce right away or leave it in the fridge for a few hours before use.
* You can make a big batch of the sauce and keep it upto 1 or 2 months. The flavour will be more matured.