Hi all! It's Misako. I hope you had a great start off to the week. Nothing starts without great food, so shall we talk about it? (Y'all are here for a recipe, anyway!) I love noodles, all kinds. I especially love soba and udon noodles since those are my comfort food which I grew up with. Today's recipe is good with all kinds of noodles, but especially
- Vermicelli (rice, beans)
- Konjac noodle
- Whatever I'm forgetting!
We didn't plan it that way when we created our products, but we have found that our products pair VERY WELL with one another, so if you happen to have a few of our products in your kitchen, we highly recommend you to experiment with mixing them together. You will be surprised how tasty they are together!
|Serving: 1||Prep time: 25 minutes|
1 1/2 cup Water
1/2 tsp Kelp dashi powder (or vegetable stock, bonito stock, chicken stock)
1/2 Tbsp Gochujang*
1 Tbsp Leek Miso**
1 bundle Soba noodle (or noodle of your choice)
Protein of your choice - tofu, mushrooms, eggs. etc.
Greens of your choice - kale, chard, spinach, bok choy, Napa cabbage, etc.
(optional) 1-2 Tbsp Mirin (or rice wine)
(optional) Toppings - green onions, nori, sesame seeds
- Boil water (additional amount from the recipe) to cook soba noodles in a medium pot.
- In a small skillet, add water and dashi powder to dissolve. Once it starts boiling, add in chopped vegetables and proteins and cook until tender. If you want a bit of sweet flavour in your soup, you can add Mirin now.
- Cook noodles according to the instruction of the noodles package and strain them in a colander when done.
- In a serving bowl, scoop the Gochujang and Leek Miso and dissolve them with a tiny amount of soup first to mix well, then carefully put the noodles (watch out not to drop them or the soup will splash and mess your table!) and pour over the rest of the soup.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. (Leek Miso already has sesame seeds and leeks, so you can save your energy by just adding a little more miso on top!)
* If you like spicy, you can add more up to 1 Tbsp or however you like. Just be ready!