As a fermentation promoter and advocate, we like adding Miso, Amazake (fermented rice beverage), or Shio Koji (Salt umami condiment) in our baking and desserts.
If you are looking to elevate your game for the Valentine's day this year, we got you covered! This is vegan, gluten free, and super rich umami from Miso. Hope you give it a try!
|Serving: 3-4||Prep time: 1 hour 10 minutes|
100 g Dark Chocolate *
1/4 cup Coconut milk or Coconut cream
1 tsp Miso **
(optional) 1 tsp Tahini
(optional) Sea salt flakes
- Chop dark chocolate into small chunks or flakes.
- Heat coconut milk in a skillet over medium heat and dissolve Miso and Tahini if using it. Mix until well incorporated.
- Dissolve chocolate in the same skillet. Mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your choice of mold or container. Cool it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares if you used a container. Coat with cacao powder and sprinkle sea salt flakes. Enjoy!
* You can use chocolate chips too. We like using 70% dark chocolate or darker.
** We used brown rice Miso, but any Miso is good. If you don't like salty, we recommend white Miso.