Miso Mushroom Gravy
We are thrilled to share this easy, healthy and delicious gravy recipe with you. We had some trial and error to come up with this savory, mouth-watering recipe. Perfect with mashed potatoes, biscuits, casseroles, you name it! If you have vegan or vegetarian family members and friends, this will be perfect addition for your special dinner occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and feel free to share with your loved ones!
|Serving: makes 4 cups (serves 6-8 people)||Prep time & Cook time: 1 hour|
1/4 cup Oil (any cooking oil or butter)
2 cups Chopped crimini mushrooms
1 cup Finely chopped onion
1/3 cup Corn starch
1.5 Tbsp Leek Miso
1/2 Tbsp Aka Miso or Classic Miso
1/2 tsp Dried rosemary
4 Cups Vegetable stock
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1/2 tsp Salt (adjust by tasting)
(optional) 1 tsp Shiitake powder
(optional) 1/2 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- In a large pot or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and mushrooms and stir well until they become browned for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add Leek Miso and miso, then stir well without burning.
- In a separate bowl, mix corn starch and vegetable stock with a whisk.
- Add vegetable stock and starch mixture a little at a time.
- Add rosemary, black pepper and shiitake powder and nutritional yeast (if you are using), then gently whisk until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Simmer until it thickens, you can add more salt to season, if necessary.
- Serve as it is or blend it to make smooth gravy.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published