Gochujang Cocktail Sauce
|Yield: 150 ml||Prep time: 5-10 minutes|
This versatile sauce can be used for many dishes including but not limited to:
- Paired with fresh seafood (Sashimi, Cocktail / grilled shrimps, boiled/grilled octopus, Oysters, etc.)
- Deep-fried/stir-fried mushrooms
- Avocado toast
- Onion rings
- Drizzle on crab cakes
- Burgers / hot dogs
- Poké bowl
4 Tbsp Gochujang*
4 Tbsp Apple juice (or pineapple juice)
2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice, rice vinegar, white balsamic vinegar)
2 tsp Prepared Horseradish ** (or wasabi paste)
(optional) Chopped fennel leaf, dill, chives, green onions, or any herb you want! or just enjoy it as it is.
- In a small bowl, scoop Gochujang, apple juice, then using a small spoon or whisk to mix it until Gochujang paste is well combined.
- Add apple cider vinegar (or other alternatives listed above) and horseradish to the Gochujang mixture above, then mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Finish up by adding a choice of your herb (green onion, dill, chive, fennel leaf are our favourite, though you can be creative!)
- Enjoy with cocktail shrimps, deep-fried mushrooms, grilled tofu, and more!
* To measure Gochujang, scoop, and level (not a heaping spoon)
** If you like horseradish, you can add more up to 2.5 tsp.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published