The day is getting longer little by little. Daffodil sprouts started poking up. It seems like spring is not too far away.
Beet and radish are such a good combo to brighten up your meals. This lightly pickled dish is quick to make, healthy and refreshing. Hope you enjoy!
|Serving: 4 - 6||Prep time: 30 minutes|
3 Cups Julienned radish (thin strips)
1/3 Cup Julienned beet (thin strips)
1/4 Cup Thin sliced onion
1 Tbsp Ginger Miso
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1 Tbsp Lemon juice or your choice of vinegar
1 Tbsp Hemp seeds
1/2 Tbsp Sesame seeds
1-2 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds
(Optional) Orange or lemon zest
- Julienne radish and beet into thin strips, and slice onion. Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup and Ginger miso into the bowl, and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes until the radish, beet and onion are wilted.
- Add salt, lemon juice (or vinegar), orange or lemon zest (if you are using), pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients, then finish up with freshly cracked black pepper.
* You can eat this as a side dish with rice and noodle, or add it into a bed of salad greens.
* Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for about a week.